Skip to the main content

Registration for fall classes is open! Register early for the best class selection. Attend class in person, virtually or both | Get started now

Transfer Agreements

Your key to study beyond Palm Beach State!

Palm Beach State College offers many possibilities to continue your studies once you have finished your degree. Each degree Palm Beach State offers (the AA, AS, BAS and BS) each have unique agreements that allows you to transfer the maximum number of credits.

Traditionally, most students think of the AA degree as the only degree which can transfer, but Palm Beach State has signed agreements with public and private colleges and universities that allow transfer of the AS degree.

  • Associate in Arts - the standard transfer degree, consisting of 60 credits. Palm Beach State has agreements with the state university system, state colleges and private institutions.
  • Associate in Science - a career degree that allows transfer to many state universities and private institutions.
  • Bachelor of Applied Science or Bachelor of Science - these degrees are designed for students who wish to earn a bachelor's degree after earning an associate degree (or at least 60 hours with 15 hours of transferable general education) to gain career advancement.

What is a Transfer Agreement?

A Transfer Agreement (also called an articulation agreement) is a signed contract between Palm Beach State College and other colleges or universities that guarantees a smooth transfer of credits if you have an Associate's degree and desire to transfer to another college or university. Through this agreement, both institutions have a special contract ensuring the transfer of general education credits and core curriculum courses that satisfy requirements at both institutions. In most cases, this means that if you graduate from a community college with an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree, you will be admitted to the transfer college or university with junior standing. If you have any questions regarding a transfer agreement, please consult with a Palm Beach State advisor.

In addition to transfer agreements to four year institutions, Palm Beach State College also has articulation in place with the School District of Palm Beach County called Career Pathways for high school students.

How Can I Use a Transfer Agreement?

As soon as you have decided on a program of study, check to see if your program has a transfer agreement. The details of every transfer agreement are provided through this web site. It is important that you follow exactly the program of study as listed in the agreement. This will ensure that your transfer to the accepting college or university will be smooth.

Important Note:
Many of these transfer agreements require the student to take very specific courses to comply with the transfer agreement. Please contact a Palm Beach State advisor if you need more detailed information.


Print page