Web Accessible Tables
ADA Standards: Tables
Tables should only be used to showcase tabular data
Note: Use the Column Layout snippets for laying out content
If you are going to use tables, you will need to include table headers and a caption:
- Create your table.
- Highlight the top three rows, right click and choose Cell --> Cell properties
- From there, choose Cell type --> Header Cell
- Enter the names of the three columns in the first row:
To get a caption for the table, right click on the table and check the “caption” box
- You will then see a cell above your table headers. This is where the caption for the table will go (ex: “Advisors”).
- You can then fill out the rest of the table with your information.
Though it's best not to use a table if possible, the table caption and headers are an important part of keeping your tables ADA compliant.