Business Partnership/Program Advisory Councils
The BP/PA Councils are established to assist Palm Beach State College in planning, implementing and evaluating each of its occupational programs in order to respond to the changing needs of the community.
Included in the mission of Palm Beach State College is the goal to provide career/technical education for our community. This will be accomplished by fostering innovation in curriculum and by continuously assessing the appropriateness and effectiveness of current functions.
Programs of career/technical education at Palm Beach State College are an integral part of the community and reflect its business, industrial and professional climate. Quality programs are provided for those who wish to study for advancement in their present occupation or enter a new area of employment.
The Role of the Council is to:
Alert the College/District of changes and trends in the economic climate of the county
- Review labor market surveys
- Recommend enrollment changes based on supply/demand
- Identify job titles related to program
- Assist with job openings for graduates
- Participate in needs assessment analysis projects
Review/recommend facility/equipment requirements
- Review existing facilities and equipment
- Recommend space and equipment needs
- Assist with acquisition of space/equipment
- Assist with job analysis to determine occupational skill needs
- Review course content/program length
- Identify new skills/technology
- Establish industry standards for graduates
- Help recruit students
- Assist with program review
- Evaluate program effectiveness
Serve as Program Advocates
- Help recruit students
- Assist with on-the job training opportunities
- Provide on-site field visits
- Help sponsor career days
- Hire graduates
- Promote the program in the business and industry/government arena
- Help procure equipment, space and facilities for program
- Sponsor scholarships
- Sponsor guest lectures
Partner's Ethics Statement
In accordance with Palm Beach State College’s Ethics Policy, HR Board Policy # 6Hx-18-5.90, all business partners will conduct themselves in a manner that reflects the core values of honesty, respect, open communication, professionalism, fairness and responsibility. In doing so, they will give thought to ethical considerations when making decisions including but not limited to those related to the receiving of gifts, conflicts of interest, the management of staff, the use of College resources, the protection of confidential information, and activities outside of the College.
2017 Meeting Calendar
|Medical Imaging - Radiography and Sonography||Fri., October 20||1:00pm||SC 127 - PBG campus|
|Respiratory Care||Fri., November 3||1:00pm||LC 106 - PBG campus|
|Massage Therapy||Tues., November 7||TBD||Boca campus|
|Dental PAC||Fri., December 1||9:00am||LW campus|
If you would like more information about joining one of our Business Partnership/Program Advisory Councils, please contact Charmaine Williams at email@example.com or call 561-868-3359.