Federal Work-Study Program
About the Program
- The Federal Work-Study Program has approximately 250 students who are employed on campus each year.
- This is an opportunity for students to earn a portion of their college expenses through on-campus part-time employment.
- This is funded through the Federal Work-Study Program and the Florida Work Experience Program.
- Funding is awarded depending on the student's need (determined by the FAFSA application).
- In order to be considered for work study you must complete the FAFSA application and indicate on question No. 28 that you would like to be considered for work study.
- Both on and off campus opportunities are available to PBSC students only.
This means you are interested in part-time employment as part of your financial assistance.
This program encourages community service work and work related to each student's course of study by enhancing skills already acquired and by providing the opportunity to learn new skills while employed on campus or in a community service role.
The current Palm Beach State College wage is $8.50, but the amount may be higher depending on the type of work and the skills required.
For more information please visit the Federal Student Aid Webpage
External Candidates (Non-PBSC employees)
- Note: All Applications submitted prior to January 1, 2018 on our old site are no longer available.
- Please click here to re-submit an application on our new career site.
- You must create an account before applying for positions.
- Once an account has been created, then you may view/manage your information as a returning user.
- Please be sure to include all required documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the "My Experience" page of the application before continuing through the application process.
Internal Candidates (Current PBSC employees)
- For current PBSC employees, please follow these steps to view and apply for an open position in Workday
- Go here.
- Login with your network login and password.
- Type in Search Bar “Find Jobs.”
- Click Find Jobs.
- Look for "Worker Type" on the left side of the page and select Students.
- Must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program that is financial aid approved
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA required
- Must be enrolled in at least 3 credits pertaining to degree or certificate
- Must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress
Please Note: Each student will be contacted directly by the interested department accordingly.
* Program funds are limited