Palm Beach State College, founded in 1933 as Florida's first public community college, is a diverse, comprehensive institution dedicated to serving the educational needs of Palm Beach County. Integrally linked to the community through strong partnerships, the College provides associate and baccalaureate degrees, professional certificates, workforce development and lifelong learning.
Palm Beach State College's mission is to create and sustain a dynamic teaching and learning environment that provides a high-quality, accessible, affordable education, preparing students to contribute and compete ethically and successfully in a diverse global community.
We envision a College of diverse, active learners engaged in intellectual, social and personal growth that enriches and transforms our community.
We believe . . .
- Student success is our first priority, and all students can succeed.
- Ethical standards are integral to the educational experience.
- Faculty and instructors should use instructional methods and technology that meet the diverse learning styles of students.
- The College curriculum and its operations should demonstrate a commitment to ecological sustainability.
- The College must anticipate and respond to evolving community needs by reaching out to all potential partners and establishing programs and courses that will meet those needs.
- Quality education is a worthwhile investment.
- An educated workforce has a positive impact on our community and economic health.
- Faculty/staff development is integral to quality education.
- A safe, secure and supportive College climate is essential.
- Diversity reflects society and enhances the educational process.
- Equity and equality of opportunity are essential.
- Lifelong learning enhances the quality of life.
- Collaboration enhances the quality of decision-making.
Click to view SACS Accreditation statement
Equal Opportunity Statement & Disability Access
Long Version -
Palm Beach State College is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its facilities, educational programs, employment or activities without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Short Version - (for posters and in cases of space limitation)
Palm Beach State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution.