Mission & Other College Statements
College Relations & Marketing
Palm Beach State College, founded in 1933 as Florida's first public community college, is a diverse, comprehensive institution dedicated to serving the educational needs of Palm Beach County. Integrally linked to the community through strong partnerships, the College provides associate and baccalaureate degrees, professional certificates, workforce development and lifelong learning.
Palm Beach State College's mission is to create and sustain a dynamic teaching and learning environment that provides a high-quality, accessible, affordable education, preparing students to contribute and compete ethically and successfully in a diverse global community.
We envision a College of diverse, active learners engaged in intellectual, social and personal growth that enriches and transforms our community.
We believe . . .
- Student success is our first priority, and all students can succeed.
- Ethical standards are integral to the educational experience.
- Faculty and instructors should use instructional methods and technology that meet the diverse learning styles of students.
- The College curriculum and its operations should demonstrate a commitment to ecological sustainability.
- The College must anticipate and respond to evolving community needs by reaching out to all potential partners and establishing programs and courses that will meet those needs.
- Quality education is a worthwhile investment.
- An educated workforce has a positive impact on our community and economic health.
- Faculty/staff development is integral to quality education.
- A safe, secure and supportive College climate is essential.
- Diversity reflects society and enhances the educational process.
- Equity and equality of opportunity are essential.
- Lifelong learning enhances the quality of life.
- Collaboration enhances the quality of decision-making.
Equal Opportunity Statement & Disability Access
Long Version -
Palm Beach State College, an equal access/equal opportunity institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and therefore does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, pregnancy status, and any other factor protected under the law, state or federal, in employment, admissions, or educational programs and activities.
Short Version - (for posters and in cases of space limitation)
Palm Beach State College is an equal access/equal opportunity institution.