Office of Human Resources
Information on the college's benefits, employment, employee relations, equity programs, employee learning opportunities, and other services.
As a strategic partner and champion of change, the Office of Human Resources is committed to the advancement of Palm Beach State College's pursuit of educational excellence.
Code of Ethics
The Office of Human Resources at Palm Beach State College strives to promote and maintain the highest standards of professional ethics. The following principles will guide us:
- Act with integrity and accept responsibility for what we say and what we do.
- Model inclusiveness and treat others with dignity and respect.
- Make thoughtful, informed and impartial decisions.
- Avoid actions or decisions that could result in a conflict of interest or damage our credibility.
- Honor our commitments and confidences.
- Stand ready to make difficult decisions for the good of our College.
- Further the positive public image of the College and our profession.
Employee Core Competencies
In support of our mission and beliefs, Palm Beach State College has adopted the following Employee Core Competencies.
1. Create Ideas with Impact
We seek out, create, and implement the best practices in highest education. By maintaining the highest knowledge of our respective fields and engaging in meaningful dialog, we set the standard of excellence among our peers.
- Anticipate and proactively meet the needs of our students
- Foster collaboration
- Attract, motivate and retain top-performers
- Identify emerging best practices and apply them to our Institution
2. Provide Top-Quality Programs and Student Support
We create programs and support services that equip students with knowledge and life skills that will lead to success after graduation.
- Engage in the academic success of our students
- Exhibit instructional excellence
- Embrace student diversity
- Reward exceptional performance
3. Empower Formal and Informal Leaders
We recognize that innovative ideas come from all levels within our institution. We encourage engagement and recognize the abilities and accomplishments of exemplary employees.
- Create opportunities for informal leaders to emerge
- Demonstrate excellence in all we do
- Provide recognition for outstanding contributors
4. Invest in Employee Development
We maintain our status as industry leaders by providing internal and external opportunities for our employees to grow Intellectually, personally and professionally.
- Develop internal talent to ensure the continuance of our Mission
- Encourage formal and informal education
- Allocate resources for staff development.
Social Security Number Usage Notification
Florida Statute 119.071(5) requires that all employees be notified of the intention for the collection and usage of social security numbers. Palm Beach State College collects and uses your social security number for employment related purposes. To protect your identity, Palm Beach State secures your social security number from unauthorized parties and the Office of Human Resources has assigned you a unique personnel identification number (PID), in lieu of your social security number, for use in our personnel data system. Your PID number is located behind your ID Badge or login to the Employee Web. Whenever possible, the college will use your PID and will not require social security information. There are, however, occasions where your social security number will be used for business purposes in compliance with the following:
- form 1095C
- form I-9, if applicable
- forms W-4, W-2, 1099
- dental insurance
- email account request
- health insurance
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- retirement contribution
- social security taxes
- supplemental insurance options
- workers’ compensation
Please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Human Resources with any questions or concerns.
Human Resources Staff
|Barb Matias||Executive Director, Human Resources||561-868-3130|
|Cheryl Hare||Assistant Director, Human Resources||561-868-3153|
|Juanita Hook||Assistant Director, Human Resources & Equity Officer||561-868-3111|
|Norma Medina||ERP Human Resources Subject Matter Expert||561-868-3116|
|Christine Waugh||Human Resources Generalist, Senior||561-868-3728|
|Benefits and Wellness
|Melissa Solla-Gibble||Interim Benefits Manager||561-868-3134|
|Laure Santiago||Interim Benefits Administrator||561-868-4059|
|Donna Agard||Benefits Specialist||561-868-3133|
|Classification & Compensation|
|Luane Shull||Classification & Compensation Manager||561-868-4002|
|Sandy Canevari||Human Resources Generalist, Senior||561-868-3985|
|Faith Lee||Employee Engagement Manager||561-868-3485|
|Veronica Wood||Human Resources Generalist, Senior||561-868-3902|
|Donna Holder-Hooper||Interim Human Resources Generalist, Senior||561-868-3556|
|Colleen McKenzie||Talent Acquisition Manager||561-868-3765|
|Holly Chase||Talent Acquisition Specialist||561-868-3115|
|Trenton Edwards||Talent Acquisition Specialist||561-868-3043|
|Institute of College Learning|
|Debra-Anne Singleton||Learning & Professional Development Manager||561-868-3113|
|Adaly Maldonado||Professional Development Representative||561-868-3889|
|Kelsey Scotten||Human Resources Specialist||561-868-3629|
|Claudette Grindley||Human Resources Representative||561-868-3130|
|Farhana Rahman||Interim Human Resources Representative||561-868-3666|
Office of Human Resources
4200 Congress Avenue, MS# 10
Lake Worth, FL 33461