Association of Florida Colleges (AFC)
AFC is a professional association for Florida's 28 public community and state colleges, their Boards, employees, retirees and associates.
Your membership supports representation at the legislative level and gives you an opportunity to have input into the legislative process. AFC has a professional lobbying team with proven success. As a member, you have the opportunity to share your ideas and opinions with other members who share your concerns, through fifteen different commissions, the member newspaper, chapter meetings, regional workshops and the AFC Annual Convention.
If you're an AFC member, thank you for your membership and support — and if you're not a member, please review our pages to learn more about AFC and why you should join.
Through our local AFC Chapter, we provide members the opportunity to:
- Attend professional development workshops
- Be part of Florida's only professional association that is for ALL college employees
- Learn about legislative processes, receive real time updates and be part of the legislative advocacy process
- Influence legislative outcomes, such as FL Retirement benefits and faculty tenure
- Build on your leadership skills and gain "best practices" for expanding professional skills and knowledge
- Be recognized and awarded by your peers for exemplary practices
- Learn about regional activities and legislative updates through AFC's weekly newsletter, Perception
- Network with peers through Commissions and conferences and build long lasting friendships
- Participate in group rates, discounts and special prices for various products and services
More reasons to join include:
- The Legislative Budget Request Book (a summary of the legislative community college funding request)
- Having a full-time professional staff responsive to your needs
- Educational programs, meetings and activities at the local, regional and state level
- A contact in the state capital so you can call the Tallahassee office for info, assistance or a request
- The knowledge that you are supporting an organization that supports what is important to you
- Scholarships for you and your spouse, children or grandchildren for $500 ($250 for fall and $250 for spring)
Palm Beach State's chapter of AFC is our voice in Tallahassee! Contact the chapter president with any questions you may have and visit the state AFC website to learn more.
Serving the Florida College System Since 1949!
How to Join
We're sorry. Unfortunately payroll deduction is not available for part-time employees.
We want to see you onboard! Now is the time to stand together!
The Association was organized in 1949 as the Florida Association of Public Junior Colleges by the presidents of Florida's first four public community colleges. Its mission was to unite the colleges for the purpose of helping the Florida Legislature understand the Junior College and to advocate for Florida's public community colleges in the development of the state's long-range plan for higher education.
Since 1949, the Association's mission and purposes have grown in scope as has the Association itself. In 1971, the Association became the Florida Association for Community Colleges and is the most unique organization serving any community college system in the nation.
Today, all 28 of Florida's state and community colleges support the work of the Association through institutional dues as do 7,500 individual college employees through individual memberships and the sharing of their talents, time and energy. FACC changed to AFC, Association of Florida Colleges in November 2010 to reflect the college name changes in Florida.
Connect With Us! Engage in your chapter of AFC! RSVP to events, receive/send updates, keep track
of what's happening in the legislature, generate discussions and more! It's also a
great way to keep in touch and connect with other members!