SAPC Online Info Session Registration
Confirmation of registration for the School Age Professional Certification (SAPC) Information Session will be sent to the provided e-mail address.
Please be sure to review and complete the program admission requirements below to expedite your admission to the School Age Professional Certification (SAPC) program.
SAPC Program Admission Requirements
The following program admission requirements must be met before registering for SAPC program:
- Apply for Admissions to Palm Beach State College at www.palmbeachstate.edu/admissions
- Program Objective Code: 5373:
- SAPC Information Session presentation.
- 40-Hour School Age Certification Part I and Part II (AYD) Foundations of Advancing Youth Development OR 40 Hour Introductory Child Care Certification and AYD Training
- All DCF Exams must be passed
- Official high school transcripts (or equivalent) submitted to registrar’s office
- Employed in a licensed child care setting or after-school program caring for school aged children ages 5-12 years old.
- 480 hours of work experience in an afterschool program working with children ages 5 and up within the past 5 years (80 of these hours must be completed while enrolled in the training program.
- 18 years of age or older
- Mastery of the English language
Visit the department website www.palmbeachstate.edu/career-pathways/pathway-education.aspx for additional information on program requirements.
Scholarship opportunities are available for the SAPC course through Prime Time Palm Beach County, Inc. To download a scholarship application, go to www.primetimepbc.org and click Scholarship Application under the “quick Links” section. For more information , contact Elisa Moro at (561) 732-8066, ext. 122.
The SAPC program is a control access program. Students must complete all of the requirements listed above and be admitted into the program to be able to enroll in classes.