Volunteer at the Theatre
Become a Volunteer, have fun and get involved at the Theatre!
Duncan Theatre - Lake Worth campus
Volunteer Ushers must be willing and able to:
- Attend an Orientation Session.
- Commit to a monthly schedule.
- Follow instructions and have a friendly and positive attitude.
- Arrive on time and stay until the last patron has left the building.
- Adapt to changing situations and remain calm during emergencies.
- Remain standing during an entire event (occasionally).
- Walk up-stairs to the balcony / no elevator available.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Comply with all policies & procedures.
- Visually sweep the theaters to check for potential safety issues and lost and found items.
- Politely directing and escorting patrons to their seats.
- Provide patrons with programs and other relevant materials.
If you meet these requirements and would like to become a member of the Duncan Theatre family as a Volunteer Usher, please send an email with your full name, address and telephone number. You will receive an invitation to the Orientation Session as soon as the date has been set. Orientation Session will take place sometime during the fall.
Eissey Campus Theatre - Palm Beach Gardens campus
There are a variety of ways to get involved with the Eissey Campus Theatre. From
being a volunteer usher, to donating to our programming, to becoming a show sponsor,
our generous patrons are an integral part of theatre operations!
The Ushering Staff is an all volunteer team, led by a House Manager employed by the theatre. Our ushers take tickets, assist patrons with seating and are the public face of the Eissey Campus Theatre. Ushers must be 16 years of age or older and have the ability to walk stairs and stand for periods of time. Training sessions are held several times a year. If you're interested in becoming an usher, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 561-207-5903 or e-mail Volunteers for further information.
For more information on what it takes to be an usher, please review our Usher Training Manual.
Support your community's theatre and keep the curtain rising! All donations support programming, artist hospitality & lodging, state-of-the-art equipment, renovations to enhance your theatre experience, volunteer recognition events and other special needs that cannot be met by Palm Beach State College. Listed below you'll find plenty of donation options.
All donations are 100% tax deductible and will be matched 66% by the State of Florida.
Memberships to Palm Beach State College Theatres - $100 and up
For a tax-deductible contribution of just $100 annually, you will receive these fantastic benefits as a member of Palm Beach State College Theatres. Download the Membership Form and become part of the Palm Beach State College Theatre Family!
* Access to seating prior to public sale
* Recognition in season program
* Seat Selection
* Waiver of Lost Ticket fees
* Reciprocal Benefits at all Palm Beach State College Theatres (Duncan Theatre, Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center & Eissey Campus Theatre)
Endowment Fund ** - $1000 and up
Take-A-Seat, Take-A-Bow Endowment Campaign
Theatre seats can be dedicated for $1000 each and funds are placed in our
* A plaque with the name of your choice is placed permanently on a seat in the theatre
* You will be recognized on the Take-a-Seat Display in the lobby and in the season program
* You will receive advance notice to purchase tickets (after renewing subscribers) to all
Eissey Campus Theatre presentations.
* For total donations of $5000 and up your name will be permanently placed on our
Wall of Honor in the theatre lobby.
**Donations may be made in multiple installments but must be given within the calendar year.
Eissey Campus Theatre Show Sponsorship - $5000
All Eissey Campus Theatre performances, including Arts in the Gardens, Rockin' Radio in the Gardens and Goldner Family Fun Series performances can be sponsored for a tax deductible donation of $5000.
* You will receive complimentary tickets to the show
* You will have use of the President's Box the night of the performance (for up to 8 people)
* You will recognized in the program, on a lobby sign and "in lights" in the theatre
Advertise in our 2018 Program - $175 / $295
Advertise in the Eissey Campus Theatre program. Your ad will run for 11 performances for one low price and you will receive two complimentary tickets to an Eissey Campus Theatre presentation. Click on our 2017 Program for an insider's view.
Program Advertising Flyer
Program Reservation Form
Please contact the Palm Beach State Foundation at 561-868-3450 for details on planned giving opportunities.
HOW DO I DONATE...
For more information or to receive a brochure and donation envelope, contact the Theatre
Director at 561-207-5905 OR send an inquiry by e-mail to Theatre Director OR pay with a credit card at the Palm Beach State College Foundation's secure site - Be sure to direct your donation to the Eissey Campus Theatre!
Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center - Belle Glade campus
Volunteer opportunities abound at the Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center (DHCAC).
Ushers are always welcome to any of our performing artists series (evening) and CAFE shows in the morning, which usually serves over 18,500 students per year. Greeting our patrons is a very important aspect of our community service and a great way to meet new people and re-new old acquaintances.
Being a member of the DHCAC Advisory Board is another way to volunteer your time and energy. There are a number of committees that assist the theatre staff in planning and promoting the events held at the DHCAC.
For additional information about volunteering at the theatre, contact Debbie Bowles by calling 561-993-1160.