Volunteer at the Theatre
Become a Volunteer, have fun and get involved at the Theatre!
Duncan Theatre - Lake Worth campus
Volunteer Ushers must be willing and able to:
- Attend an Orientation Session.
- Commit to a monthly schedule.
- Follow instructions and have a friendly and positive attitude.
- Arrive on time and stay until the last patron has left the building.
- Adapt to changing situations and remain calm during emergencies.
- Remain standing during an entire event (occasionally).
- Walk up-stairs to the balcony / no elevator available.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Comply with all policies & procedures.
- Visually sweep the theaters to check for potential safety issues and lost and found items.
- Politely directing and escorting patrons to their seats.
- Provide patrons with programs and other relevant materials.
If you meet these requirements and would like to become a member of the Duncan Theatre family as a Volunteer Usher, please send an email with your full name, address and telephone number. You will receive an invitation to the Orientation Session as soon as the date has been set. Orientation Session will take place sometime during the fall.
Eissey Campus Theatre - Palm Beach Gardens campus
The Ushering Staff is an all volunteer team, led by a House Manager employed by the theatre. Our ushers take tickets, assist patrons with seating and are the public face of the Eissey Campus Theatre. Ushers must be 16 years of age or older and have the ability to walk stairs and stand for periods of time. Training sessions are held several times a year. If you're interested in becoming an usher, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 561-207-5903 for further information.
For more information on what it takes to be an usher, please review our Usher Training Manual.
Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center - Belle Glade campus
Volunteer opportunities abound at the Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center (DHCAC).
Ushers are always welcome to assist at any of our performing artists series (evening) and CAFE shows in the morning, which usually serves over 18,500 students per year. Greeting our patrons is a very important aspect of our community service and a great way to meet new people and re-new old acquaintances.
Being a member of the DHCAC Advisory Committee is another way to volunteer your time and energy. There are a number of committees that assist the theatre staff in planning and promoting the events held at the DHCAC.
For additional information about volunteering at the theatre, please send us an email with your full name, address and telephone number. You will receive an invitation email to the Orientation Session as soon as the date has been set. Orientation Session will take place sometime during the fall. Send to: email@example.com