Honors College Application
Apply to the Honors College
The Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College admits students who seek Honors College Distinction from Palm Beach State College (PBSC) in the Associate in Arts degree.
There is no additional fee for applying to the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College.
1. Students Entering PBSC as First-Time-in-College-Students
Students are eligible to apply to the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College if they meet one of the following recommended admission criteria for First-Time-In-College Students:
Earned a 3.5 unweighted high school GPA and have college ready placement test scores
- OR -
Meet one of the following placement test score sets:
- SAT - 1200- min. 600 Reading and Writing, 600 Math.
- ACT - Average score of 22 ( a minimum of 21 English, 22 Reading, and 21 Math.)
- Pert - 113 reading, 123 math, 123 writing.
Must be pursuing an Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.) from Palm Beach State College.
2. Current PBSC Students
Students who are currently enrolled at Palm Beach State College or who have recently transferred are eligible to apply to the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College.
- Cumulative college level GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- A minimum of six (6) college credit hours completed and must not have over 24 semester hours of college credit.
- Must be pursuing an Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.) from Palm Beach State College.
3. Dual Enrollment/Early Admit Students
Students must have completed and received approval of the required forms with the Office of Dual Enrollment prior to applying for the Honors College. Students are encouraged to graduate with the Associate of Arts degree (A.A.) to receive full distinction on college transcripts.
- must hold an unweighted 3.5 high school GPA and if applicable a 3.5 GPA or higher of college credit
- SAT combined minimum score of 1200, 600 reading and 600 math.
- ACT average score of 22 (minimum of 21 English, 21 math, and 22 reading.)
- College Ready Pert Scores minimum 113 reading, 123 math, 123 writing.
- Must not have over 24 hours of college credit earned.
- High School Dual Enrollment and Early Admission students do not receive early registration.
The Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College is on a rolling admission basis.
Students will be notified upon receipt that the application has been submitted. Students will be notified of their admission status no later than three weeks of receipt.
Students who are accepted into the Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College are required to
attend an Honors College student information session during the first semester of
joining the Honors College.