Apply for Foundation Scholarships
Final application deadline was April 30, 2022
(Link will be posted when the application reopens)
Students may apply for 200+ scholarships with varying criteria. The Financial Aid Office reviews student applications and makes recommendations based on the criteria established by the donor and consistent with the Foundation policies and guidelines.
A Foundation for the Future
Palm Beach State College offers a number of scholarships for students made possible through contributions from individuals, community organizations, and foundations.
Scholarships mean our young people can pursue academic and professional paths that benefit not only themselves and their families but also Palm Beach County in healthcare, public safety, local industries and more, bringing a better future for all of us.
The purpose of the Personal Statement is to give those reviewing applications an opportunity to learn more about you, the student, and your educational goals and how the scholarship will help continue your education.
To guide you in completing the Personal Statement, here are some examples of how to get started. Please keep in mind that the expectation is not that you write a detailed essay. Just think about the question and answer in a concise manner.
Examples of Statements
- It has been my dream to someday become a nurse. I am presently in the nursing program and plan to graduate in spring [add year]. After graduation I hope to continue my education and enter the BSN program at Palm Beach State College. Receiving this scholarship will bring me one step closer to completing my education and providing a better life for my family.
- My major is business and one day I would like to have my own business. I work part-time at a local retailer and am struggling to pay for college. This scholarship will help pay for my classes and books. I will be able to focus more on my education and not so much on how to pay my bills.
- In this difficult economy and I have been unable to find a job to help me pay for
school and books. I am a student in the Dental Hygiene Program and this is my first
term at Palm Beach State College. This scholarship will help me buy the dental tools,
books and uniforms that I need to be successful. After I graduate, I plan to work
in a local dentist
Note: You are not graded on the length of your comments. Including something in your statement about your educational and career goals is encouraged.
Generous donors help make scholarships possible! A well-written thank you note can go a long way. Donors appreciate hearing from you. A short note from you affirms the value and significance of their contributions and encourages their continued support.
As part of the requirements for receiving a Foundation Scholarship, we ask that students write a “Letter of Gratitude” to the donor. All thank you letters will be submitted through your scholarship portal. Learn More
The Student Learning Center (SLC) can help with your application essay before you submit it. Make an appointment for in-person or virtual services. Learn More
- PBSC Foundation Donor Reception 2019
- Annual Scholarship Dinner February 2018
- Annual Scholarship Dinner April 2017
- Annual Scholarship Dinner March 2016
News Center Stories
- Local organization boosts support for student veterans
- PBSC Foundation receives $7,000 for Hispanic students
- Scholarship paves way to a government fleet career
- PBSC Foundation receives $25,000 from the Rotary Club of Boca Raton to support students