Testing: What You Need To Know
What should you know before arriving at the Testing Center?
Attendance and Acceptable Identification
Only examinees are permitted in the test area. The Testing Centers reserve the right to refuse test administration to an individual if unsupervised children are present.
You will need to show ID in order to test at any of Palm Beach State College's Testing Centers.
Here is a list of acceptable Identification:
- Current U.S. Driver's License with photo.
- Current Federal, State, County, or Municipality issued ID with photo including Military ID.
- Current Alien Registration Card (Green Card) with photo.
- Current Passport with recent photo.
- Current Palm Beach County Dual Enrolled and High School Juniors testing under SB 1908, can use High School ID.
- Current PBSC Student ID Card for students taking a placement test (PERT, LOEP or TABE), an out-of-class test, or an online-distance learning test.
Cell Phones & Personal Belongings
- Any personal items are required to be in a secure/locked locker outside the testing room.
- Cell phones and electronic devices must be turned off completely before being placed in the locker.
- Hats, outdoor coats, watches, large jewelry, pens/pencils, drinks, food, candy, gum and weapons are strictly prohibited in the testing rooms.
- Test Center personnel are not responsible for lost, stolen, or broken items checked.
- For more details, refer to Items Restricted in the Testing Rooms.
Cheating & Testing
- Test Center personnel closely monitor testing rooms. Cheating may include making an effort to remove test materials, notes, or scratch paper from the testing room, not following test procedures, failing to stop work when time is called, disturbing or attempting to get answers from another examinee, using unauthorized aids during testing, accessing unauthorized internet links, and disregarding proctor instructions.
- An examinee cheating may be referred for possible disciplinary action to the Dean of Student Services.
- Cheating on course exam results in immediate notification to Professor for possible disciplinary action.
- Be advised that all testing rooms are monitored by a surveillance system.