There will be a shortage of 1.5 million cybersecurity professionals by 2020, according to the 2015 Global Information Security Workforce Study, conducted by Frost & Sullivan.
That translates into tremendous job opportunities for anyone who takes the time to prepare.
Check this page for useful resources to help you launch a successful cybersecurity career.
Cybersecurity Career Facts
- Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics site, 37% job growth is expected between 2012- 2022 with a median salary of $86,170 with
a bachelor's degree.
- All industries are affected from non-profit to government, hospitals to retail magnates
and every technology dependent industry in-between.
- The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers & Studies (NICCS) has defined seven high-level function areas with 31 specialty areas that correspond to career paths in cybersecurity.
Scholarships for Cybersecurity Students
Be sure to read the requirements carefully as some have specific deadlines while others are rolling applications.
Career Links for Jobs, Competitions & Conferences in Cybersecurity
CareerSource of Palm Beach County
Click on the logo for more information on employment and career development opportunities in Palm Beach County
- Priority service for U.S. military veterans
- Special services for XCEL-IT grant students - including consideration for training scholarships and on-the-job training opportunities
- Job search workshops and assistance
- Career consulting
- Employers recruiting on site and on PBSC Campus
- Use of computers, copiers and fax
- Access to hundreds of jobs
- Labor market information, such as jobs in demand
- Programs for persons with disabilities
* Internship assistance is available through PBSC and through on-campus job fairs, contact the XCEL-IT advisor for information.
The State of Cybersecurity & Cyber Crimes
- Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI)
- National Security Agency (NSA)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- ISC2 Foundation
In addition to working with the PBSC Veteran Services office on campus, below are some links that will prove helpful as you pursue your education in the field of cybersecurity.
Military Transcripts - Veterans and active duty personnel can download their military transcripts from this site.
ACE Transcript Evaluation - Upload your transcripts electronically to be evaluated on this site for college credit equivalency. Once evaluated, submit the report to PBSC for possible credit based on training and experiences during your military career should any credits apply to your intended degree or certificate. View the FAQs for additional information.
Veteran Employment Services - As a benefit of participating in the cybersecurity programs, you will have access to an off-site, non-profit employment office with priority services offered to veterans.
Scholarships for Veterans
- College Scholarships for Veterans
- VFW Scholarships
- Financial Aid for Veterans and Dependents
- Scholarship Finder
Contact an advisor to get started today.