CyberSecurity at PBSC
Did you know you can earn 3 different Bachelors Degrees in Information Management at Palm Beach State College
|BACHELORS ADMISSIONS||ASSOCIATE DEGREES PATHWAYS||CENTER FOR CYBER DEFENSE||INFORMATION SESSIONS||MASTER'S DEGREE OPTIONS||$10K DEGREES||MEET OUR STAFF|
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month
To decrease cybersecurity risks and protect yourself online, CISA offers the following resources to share in your communities and with your stakeholders. Information and resources are available about Work From Home (WFH) best practices, guides for small businesses, election security and disinformation resources, 5G wireless technology to name a few.
Join us for Palm Beach State College's National Cybersecurity Awareness Month Event. Registration is required to attend.
Our Value Statement
The Palm Beach State College (PBSC) Cybersecurity Lab offers the opportunity to get an education and perform hands on research. CyberSecurity today is more than just a Job! Practically unlimited growth. That's an exciting proposition and reason enough on its own to choose a career in cybersecurity.
Plenty of variety
Security professionals get the chance to work directly with teams on technologies and systems they never dreamed of
The job has real impact
Cybersecurity matters. It has impacts that extend beyond the digital world and into the physical one
If you choose this path, you'll always have room to grow. You'll continually be learning new skills and working to understand new technologies
Cybersecurity Jobs are on the Rise
The global cybersecurity workforce is estimated to have than 3.5 million unfilled positions by 2021. The field is expected to grow by 28 percent between 2018 and 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, compared to the 7 percent growth rate across all industries
Cybersecurity Pay Is High
While entry-level cybersecurity jobs, such as information security analysts, earn an average of $95,510, according to BLS, candidates with advanced degrees can earn well into six-figures.
The vision for the Cybersecurity Lab is to:
- Enhance and support the training and education of Cyber Security students in both onsite and on line environments.
- Collaborate with public and private entities to ensure the labs relevance.
- Play a vital role in producing workplace ready graduates.
3 Bachelors Degrees in:
- Information Management - Database Administration
- Information Management - Project Management
- Information Management - Security and Network Assurance
Keep abreast with all that is happening in the world of Cybersecurity.
Information Security Workforce Study
- Conducted by Frost & Sullivan
- Tremendous job opportunities for anyone who takes the time to prepare.
- Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics site, 37% job growth is expected between 2012- 2022 with a median salary of $86,170 with a bachelor's degree.
- All industries are affected from non-profit to government, hospitals to retail magnates and every technology dependent industry in-between.
- Has defined seven high-level function areas with 31 specialty areas that correspond to career paths in cybersecurity.
- This map explain the skills and competencies needed to land a job in the field as well as the location of job openings.
National CyberWatch Center
- A consortium of higher education institutions, businesses, and government agencies
- Focuses on collaborative efforts to advance Information Security education and strengthen the national cybersecurity workforce.
- Culture of collaboration, coordinating a broad national network of networks, including: Students, Schools, Individuals and Businesses.
- A leader in cybersecurity education and research,
- Roles of the center include: Advocator Builder, Collaborator, Coordinator and Promoter.
For More Information
PBSC Tuition & Financial Aid Facts
Among the lowest tuition in Florida (among four-year public institutions)
Students are awarded over $82.1 million in Financial Aid.
Get More Information
PBSC $10K Bachelor's Degree
In-state students earn both an associate and bachelor’s degree at Palm beach State College for only $10,000.
Bachelor's Degree Student Benefits
- Take many of your courses online.
- Fit school into your schedule using any computer with an Internet connection.
- 24/7 access to course content
- high-quality online learning
- exciting--video, simulations, group activities, virtual discussion rooms and more.
- Fully supported by a dedicated eLearning staff
- ideal way to fit education into a busy life.
Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Security and Network Assurance
- Students have the choice to mix and match online and face-to-face classes.
- All Bachelor's level classes are offered online.
- Face-to-face classes are offered during the day and evening as well as some weekends, although not all classes are offered at all times.
- Face-to-face classes are held at the Center for Bachelor's Programs on the Lake Worth campus.
- A unique public-private partnership, implemented in coordination with the National Cyber Security Alliance.
- Federal and state governments, industry, non-profit organizations and colleges like PBSC work together to promote safe online behavior and practices.
- Access to simple, easy-to-understand resources and tips to help ensure your online safety and security.
- Tools you need to make more informed decisions when using the Internet.
For More Information & Resources
PBSC Helps Build a Workplace Ready Workforce
- This is at the top of the list of “must-haves” for any business or industry striving to thrive and grow in today’s competitive economy.
- At Palm Beach State College, we provide graduates who are skilled, credentialed and ready to work.
- By ensuring that our curriculum is in sync with the business community’s needs, we position graduates to transition smoothly into the workforce and immediately begin contributing to their employers’ success.
- Continuous cooperation with local businesses and industries enables the College to achieve this mutually beneficial outcome.
Business Partnership Council
- Members can have input into what the program teaches and how we teach it
- Members alert the College of industry changes and trends, recommend facility and equipment requirements, review curriculum and serve as program ambassadors.
The Testing Center at the Lake Worth campus offers the Microsoft, CompTIA, Cisco and EC Council certifications on site.
- Cisco – Sit for your Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) exam.
- CompTIA - CompTIA Security+ certification covers the essential principles for network security and risk management – making it an important stepping stone of an IT security career.
- EC-Council – Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) has become the fastest growing certification in the security industry.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - addresses a wide range of critical technology concepts an exam that is designed to assess and validate core technical concepts with the Security Fundamentals - Exam.
For More Information
- The Security and Network Assurance program concentration includes an internship experience.
- The Faculty coordinator can place you or you can choose to do your internship where you currently work.
- The internship experience and concurrent seminar provides coherent and rigorous content aligned with challenging academic standards and relevant technical knowledge and skills needed to prepare for further education and careers in Security and Network Assurance.
- Students will apply skills and competency-based applied learning at an internship site that contributes to the academic knowledge, higher-order reasoning and problem-solving skills, work attitudes, general employability skills and occupation-specific skills, and knowledge which are specific to their career field.
For More Information
The GenCyber camp program provides summer cybersecurity camp experiences for students and teachers at the K-12 level.
- Increase interest in cybersecurity careers and diversity in the cybersecurity workforce of the nation.
- Help all students understand correct and safe on-line behavior and how they can be good digital citizens
- Improve teaching methods for delivery of cybersecurity content in K-12 curricula.
- To be part of the solution to the Nation's shortfall of skilled cybersecurity professionals.
- Ensure that enough young people are inspired to direct their talents in this area is critical to the future of our country's national and economic security as we become even more reliant on cyber-based technology in every aspect of our daily lives.
- To ensure a level playing field, GenCyber camps are open to all student and teacher participants at no cost. Funding is provided jointly by the National Security Agency and the National Science Foundation.
For More Information