Loxahatchee Groves Library
|Find books, articles, databases and more!|
Your Borrower ID is the full 14-digit card number on the back of your PantherCard that starts with 24901.
Your Pin/Password is a 4-digit number that represents your 2-digit birth month and 2-digit year of birth.
So if, for example, you were born in July of 1995, your pin would be 0795.
You may be asked to access the library's resources using a Borrower ID and a Pin/Password.
This is NOT your PantherWeb student information!
Library at the Loxahatchee Groves Campus
The Library at the Loxahatchee campus shares a space with the Student Learning Center and is located in LGA132.
Stop by the library to:
- Get help from a librarian on your research projects including:
- Finding credible sources
- Advanced searching strategies to locate what you are actually looking for (and not have to sift through hundreds or thousands of results)
- Avoid plagiarism! Meet with a librarian to discuss proper use of sources including citations and paraphrasing/quotes.
- Navigating the library's vast amount of information resources
- Refining your topic to begin your search
- We also have a limited amount of items available for checkout including:
- Textbooks (on campus use only for 3 hours at a time) *Also search Kindle Fires holdings to see if textbook is downloaded
- Calculators (graphing and scientific available) for semester-long checkout
- Laptops are available for 3-hour checkout and can be used around campus
- iPads are available for 2-night checkout
- Kindle Fires are available for 3-week checkout. Review books on our Kindles
- iPod Touch are available for 1-week checkout
- Powerbanks are available to charge iPhone and Android devices. These are available for 3-hour checkout
- Occulus Go goggles are available for 3-hour checkout around campus. These have educational VR apps downloaded for use.
- Need a book? Students at the Loxahatchee campus can request books from other campuses or even other Florida colleges.
Additionally, students at Loxahatchee have full access to the library's electronic resources including:
- Full-text articles
- Streaming videos
- Interactive databases
Professors can request a librarian to visit their classes in Loxahatchee to give instruction sessions on how to use library resources. To request a librarian, fill out the Form at least 1 week in advance.
Iris Fiallos-Finstad, Faculty Librarian, Library Learning Resource Center, Belle Glade and Loxahatchee campuses
Damian Chacon, Part-time Librarian
Therese Erskine, Part-time Librarian