PBSC's Money-Back Guarantee Program
Palm Beach State College is confident in our students and their ability to successfully transition to the rigorous demands of the workplace. We believe in you and your ability to succeed so much so that we are willing to refund the tuition you paid if you don’t get a job in your field of study.
Students eligible for the guarantee receive a reimbursement of tuition based on the following formula: tuition assessed minus institutional scholarships or grants received. Please note, only tuition is included in this guarantee, any fees and other expenses and/or charges are excluded.
With small class sizes, academic and student support, and connections with employers in Palm Beach County, and more, PBSC is confident in its ability to help you succeed.
Nursing Program Information | Pathway Map | Job Outlook
Dental Hygiene Program Information | Pathway Map | Job Outlook
Respiratory Care Program Information | Pathway Map | Job Outlook
Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers (HVAC)
HVAC Program Information | Job Outlook
Residential and Commercial Electrical Technician
Electrical Technician Program Information | Job Outlook
Welding Technology Program Information | Job Outlook
To be eligible to receive the benefits of Palm Beach State College's Employment Guarantee, graduates must:
- Successfully complete the entire program with at least a 2.50 grade average.
- Be in good financial standing with PBSC.
- Be legally eligible for employment in the U.S.
- Has met minimum attendance requirements (e.g. 85% attendance rate unless approved with an excused absence such as a loss of a family member, significant illness, etc.).
- Not have a criminal background that prevents employment within the program career field.
- Be willing to travel or relocate to a new market to obtain employment within the field.
- Have a documented job search of at least 20 company applications that are related to the program of study.
- Has worked directly with Career Services for resume/employment assistance within three months of completing the PBSC program of study.
- Be in good standing with the health science host clinical sites.
- Pass all embedded credential exams.
- Registered Nursing graduates much pass the National Licensing Exam (NCLEX-RN) within three months of graduation.
- Respiratory Care graduates must pass the Written Exam and Clinical Simulation Exam.
- Dental Hygiene graduates must pass the National Board, Regional clinical and simulated exams, and meet the Florida Dental Hygiene license application requirements including successfully passing the Florida Law Exam and background check with no felony.
- Trade students must pass all embedded credential exams.
What is the Money-Back Guarantee?
Students who enroll and complete any of the Money-Back Guarantee programs and are not employed within six months after graduation, are eligible to receive 100% of their paid tuition back — guaranteed.
When does the Money-Back Guarantee take effect and who is eligible?
Students who enroll in the approved programs beginning with the Fall 2022 semester will be eligible.
Why are you offering the Money-Back Guarantee and who is eligible?
With our high-quality programs and strong student outcomes, we are confident that we can successfully support aspiring students to become high-wage earners.
Are fees and other costs included in the Money-Back Guarantee?
No, only tuition is included in the Money Back Guarantee. Fees associated with academic and student support and other costs of attendance are not part of the Money-Back Guarantee.
What can I use my tuition and refund for?
Students can use their tuition refund for any personal or educational purposes, including helping to pay for future tuition.
In addition to the Money-Back Guarantee, what types of financial assistance can I receive?
To further assist you in planning for the cost of your education, you can learn more about financial aid options that may be available to you by visiting: www.palmbeachstate.edu/financialaid.