Community Relations and Engagement Forums
|ASSOCIATION OF FLORIDA COLLEGES|| COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
|EVENTS||VETERANS||PBC LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION||PBC LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION ROSTER||FLORIDA HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES||THE FLORIDA SENATE||PBSC PRESIDENT|
2019 Forum Events
South County Civic Center
16700 Jog Road
Delray Beach, FL 33446
Former State Senator Maria Sachs, a champion of veterans, and Palm Beach State College.
Come & Meet:
- Military-friendly businesses/ employers
- Nonprofit veterans organizations
- Government agencies
Strengthening Communities for the Future: Economic Development of the Glades Area
Hear from panelists on topics including:
- Initiatives being implemented to continue the positive Glades school grades.
- After school enrichment programs coming to the Glades area.
- The economic development and marketing of Florida's Heartland including the cities of Belle Glade, Pahokee and South Bay and Hendry County.
- Shereena Coleman - VP, Business Facilitation & The Glades Region
- Angela Avery Moore - School District of Palm Beach County
- Charles Duval - CareerSource of Palm Beach County
- Steven Cornette - Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County
- Terry Burroughs - FHERO (Florida Heartland Economic Region of Opportunity)
- Janet Moreland - Hospital Administrator, Lakeside Medical Center
Open To:Faculty, staff, students and the community
For More Information:Robin Johnson-Blake
Immigration Reform and Civil Liberties Forum
At the forum, you’ll learn about…
- the rights of immigrants in this country
- types of resources available to
- immigrants in Palm Beach County
- the Immigrant Support Plan from the School District of Palm Beach County
- the state of our Immigration System
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Prof. Luis Fleischman – Palm Beach State College
- Aileen Josephs, Law Offices of Aileen Josephs, P.A.
- Javier Ortolaza, Guidance Services Specialist – Palm Beach County School District (PBCSD)
- Lourdes Maria Casanova – Casanova Law, P.A.
- Nadilia Charles – Specialist Instructional Department of Multicultural Education for PBCSD
- Claudel Trajan, Esq. - The Law Office of Claudel Trajan
PBSC faculty, staff, students and the public
2020 Forum Events
How to Use Your Tax Refund to Start a Business
5:30 - 7:30 p.m.
- Investing Your Tax Refund Wisely
- 5 Types of Businesses You Can Start with Your Tax Refund
- Getting Your Business Started
- Strategies to Growing Your Current Business
- Resources to Help Sustain Your Business
- Grassroots Consulting
- Palm Beach State College
- Community Action Program
- Michelle McGovern - Director, Government & Community Relations, Baptist Health South Florida
- Jordan Ray - CEO & President, Limitless Medical Logs
- Matt Willhite - Florida House of Representatives
- Kate Watt - Executive Director, Susan G. Komen Florida at Good Samaritan Medical Center
- Connie Siskowski, RN, PhD - President & Founder of American Association of Caregiving Youth (AACY)
- Gwenesia Collins, PharmD, CPh - Executive Director of Clinical Ancillary Services Pharmacy, Laboratory and Respiratory
- Jennifer Schosheim, MSW, LCSW - Clinical Worker Specializing in Chronic Illness