Palm Beach State College's Office of Financial Aid
|CCP | CCC | ATC||FINANCIAL LITERACY||BOOKSTORE & DISBURSEMENT DATES||FORMS||SCHOLARSHIPS|
|STUDENT LOANS||VERIFICATION||WORKSTUDY JOBS||COLLEGE AFFORDABILITY||POLICIES|
|RESOURCES||FAFSA WORKSHOPS||HOW TO VIDEOS||CONTACT US||RATE US|
The Office of Financial Aid’s mission is to serve the student body by facilitating access to higher education funding resources. Financial Aid resources can be either internal (institutional funds and merit scholarships) or external (government-federal and state, or private organizations). Palm Beach State College awarded more than $90 million in financial aid in the 2019-20 award year. Our staff of professionals are available to assist students and families in understanding the financial aid process and options available to fund your education.
COVID-19 Financial Aid Resources
What is the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II)?
As part of the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II) in accordance with Section 314(a)(1) of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA), students with emergency costs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic may request funding by following the instructions below. This type of emergency fund will be given to students for expenses such as tuition, food, housing, physical healthcare, mental health care, childcare and other expenses related to COVID-19. Students are not responsible for any type of repayment of the money they receive through this grant. Grant awards will be up to $1,000 per qualified registered student. We STRONGLY encourage you to do the following:
- Update your address in PantherWeb
- Set up direct deposit instead of receiving paper checks
- Log intoPantherweb
The College cannot guarantee prompt delivery of any funds via paper mail. Electronic transfers are fast and secure.
COVID-19 Financial Hardship
Are you experiencing a COVID-19 financial hardship? Click below for more information.
The Panthers' Financial Aid Road Map
To our New and Current Students:
If you are new to financial aid, please click on the video below to access the PBSC financial aid video playlist. Our video playlist will walk you through the financial process at Palm Beach State College.
Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
FAFSA Application - Fall 2020, Spring and Summer 2021 Terms
Applications are being accepted for the following Scholarships:
2021-22 Foundation Scholarships - NOW OPEN
Deadline: June 15, 2021
New Students: Admissions
You can complete your admissions application before, during or after completing your Financial Aid application.
Types of Financial Aid
|State of Florida||Federal Aid||Scholarships|
|Bright Futures||Federal PELL Grant||Institutional Scholarships|
|First Generation Matching Grant||Federal Direct Loans||Foundation Scholarships *|
|Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)||Federal Parent PLUS Loan||SEEK Scholarships|
|Florida Work Experience Program (FWEP)||Federal SEOG||Palm Beach State Grant|
|Rosewood Family Scholarship||Federal Work-Study||Private Donor Scholarships**|
|Scholarships for Children & Spouse of Deceased/Disabled Veterans||Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant||Transfer Scholarships|
|Jose Marti Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund||CCP Programs (Clock Hours College + Credit Certificate [CCC]|
* Foundation applications open once per year for over 150 different scholarships
**Donor dependent Scholarships OR FAFSA dependent scholarships
- Bookstore Credit
- Aid for Students with Disabilities
- Instructions for Private Donors
- Pell Grant Calculator
Criteria and Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Students must have a social security number. (If you have a special circumstance, please visit your nearest Financial Aid office.)
- Students must have a valid high school diploma or GED.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (Possess an Alien Residence card).
- Students must be registered with Selective Service, if you are a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25)
- Students must be admitted as a degree or certificate seeking student.
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress once enrolled.
- Cannot be in default on other student loans
CCP, CCC & ATC Programs
Learn which of the Career Certificate Program [CCP] [Clock Hours] programs, College Credit Certificate [CCC] programs, and Advanced Technical Certifications [ATC] programs linked below are eligible for Federal and State Aid and which are ineligible for Federal and State Aid but MAY qualify for the Palm Beach State Grant.
Financial Aid Resources
FAFSA Workshops for Students
For assistance with filling out the FAFSA please schedule an appointment below.
- These free workshops are offered to help students understand and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms to apply for Financial Aid assistance.
- Workshops are free and open to the public!
Note: This Dependent or Independent worksheet will help you determine if you will need to provide parent information.
Financial Aid Application
Cost of Attending PBSC
Numbers are based on 2018/2019 Tuition Costs for Eligible Degree and Certificate Programs
Includes tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, personal expenses, and transportation. For an in-state* student enrolled full-time, the breakdown can be found at the Cost of Attending PBSC.
Steps to Completing Financial Aid At PBSC
Step 1 - Create FSA ID
FSA ID is required to start the FAFSA application process, create a username and password.
Step 2 - Attend fafsa workshop [optional]
Step 3 - Complete FAFSA Application Online
Before you can qualify for any State of Florida, Federal Aid or Scholarships, you must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Note: School code for Palm Beach State College is 001512.
Step 4 - Check your emails for FAFSA Application status
You will receive email updates regarding whether your application has been processed or whether you need additional paperwork.
Step 5 - Review Your financial aid application status
- Log into Pantherweb
- Click on Financial Aid
- Choose Application Status
- Review your red flags (if any)
- Submit documentation as requested
Step 6 - Apply for Federal Direct Loans [optional]
- Log into StudentLoans.gov using your FAFSA ID
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Complete Entrance Counseling
- Note: Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 compliant credits)
- Complete PBSC Loan Request Form or PBSC PLUS Loan Request form
Step 7 - sign up for direct deposit
- Log into Pantherweb
- Click on “Direct Deposit Account” (My Details)
- Enter Account & Routing number
- Click on “Update”
Step 8 - Review Your Financial Aid Award
- Log into Pantherweb
- Click on Financial Aid
- Choose Awards
If you have missing financial aid documents that are needed to process your financial aid, please log in to your Pantherweb and view your financial aid awards status. If you have any red flags, then there may be documents you need to submit.
You will be able to submit your forms using a secure DocuSign process.