Congratulations Class of Summer 2018
Do I need to apply to graduate?
- No, graduation is an automatic process - No application is required.
- You will receive an email by Monday, July 30, 2018 regarding meeting the preliminary criteria for summer graduation.
- All summer graduates will be included in the Fall commencement program booklet and are welcomed to participate in the ceremony.
- Note: There will be no commencement ceremony during the summer.
- If you DO NOT receive an email, and you are certain you should be graduating, please contact the Academic Advising Department.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to participate in the Fall ceremony.
Which Email should I check for the RSVP?
Your Palm Beach State College email will contain your graduation email.
How do I check my Graduation Status?
- A Degree Audit is a useful tool to know where you are in your program and how many classes you need to take.
- Step 1: Login to PantherWeb.
- Step 2: Go to the Advising Tab and select "Display degree audit."
- PantherWeb will display a degree audit with your major and how your courses satisfy your degree.
Graduates will be in full academic regalia (cap, gown, tassel). All tassels should
be worn on the right side. The standard approved academic regalia are black gown for
Certificates and Associates, green gown for Bachelor's, and mortar board with tassel.
Student Government Association officers and members wear green stoles. Dual Enrollment
wear gold stoles with green trim. In addition, the following are the approved academic regalia for Honor's societies members:
- Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College (Gold Track) - Medallion, royal blue and yellow cord
- Dr. Floyd F. Koch Honors College (Silver Track) - Medallion
- Delta Mu Delta Honor Society - Royal purple stole with gold Greek letters & medallion
- Dental Honors Society - White stole with blue edging and lilac tassel
- Lambda Epsilon Chi Paralegal Honor Society - Purple stole with gold edging, Greek letters and gold seal
- Omicron Sigma Sigma - Blue stole with gold Greek letters & medallion
- Phi Theta Kappa - Gold stole with blue Greek letters and gold tassel with Greek letters
- Phi Theta Kappa (approved officers) - Medallion
- PSI Beta - Medallion
- Radiography Honors Society - Gold stole with Greek burgundy letters (Lambda Nu) & maroon tassel
- Respiratory Honors Society - Gold pin
- Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society - Medallion; Forest green stole with gold/forest green cord and tassels
- Only the above approved academic adornments can be worn with the academic regalia for Commencement.
Before the Ceremony
- Arrive dressed in your cap and gown and report one hour before the start of the ceremony.
- Ask your guests to go directly into the Expo Center for seating.
- Guests should be seated 15 minutes before the start of the ceremony. All doors are closed to allow passage of the procession.
- Pick up your name card at check-in. (This card will be an essential part of the degree and certificate conferral process during the ceremony.)
- Your personal belongings (purses, keys, etc.) must be secured with a friend or family member.
- No balloons or noisemakers are allowed.
During the Ceremony
- Women should keep their caps on throughout the ceremony. Men should remove their caps for the National Anthem.
- You will be escorted to the platform for individual recognition. Please hand your name card to the announcer.
- When you cross the platform, the president will shake your hand and hand your diploma cover to you.
- Leave the platform by the opposite stairs, have your picture taken, and return to your row and seat.
- A photographer will take your picture as you greet the president and again as you exit the platform.
- All graduates and their guests are expected to remain in the Expo Center until the entire ceremony is over. Please plan for approximately 2 1/2 hours.
After the Ceremony
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, you will be dismissed from your seat after the platform party and the faculty have exited.
- After the college has verified that all degree requirements have been met, diplomas will be mailed to the address listed on your degree application in approximately 8 weeks.
- GradImages will e-mail details on the availability of your individual photographs.
- Note: Once a degree has been earned, your program status will automatically change to non-degree-seeking.
- Students who plan to pursue an additional degree or certificate must submit a Change Program of Study form through PantherWeb. Not doing so will have an adverse impact on a student's eligibility for financial aid.
Did you miss it? Watch Spring 2018 Commencement