Palm Beach State College's Office of Financial Aid
The Office of Financial Aid’s mission is to serve the student body by facilitating access to higher education funding resources. Financial Aid resources can be either internal (institutional funds and merit scholarships) or external (government-federal and state, or private organizations). Palm Beach State College awarded $83 million in financial aid in the 2018-19 award year. Our staff of professionals are available to assist students and families in understanding the financial aid process and options available to fund your education.
The Panthers' Financial Aid Road Map
To our New and Current Students:
If you are new to financial aid, please click on the video below to access the PBSC financial aid video playlist. Our video playlist will walk you through the financial process at Palm Beach State College.
Have Questions regarding your Financial Aid?
To better assist you, please refer to PBSC's additional resources below:
|Live Chat?||Book an Appointment||Phone||Hours of Operation|
Look for Live Chat
|Schedule a Remote Appointmentfirstname.lastname@example.org||561-868-3330||
M - TH: 8AM -7PM
F: 8AM - 5PM
COVID-19 Financial Aid Resources
PBSC CARES Act Grant
What is the CARES Act?
The Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) provided $6 billion to colleges nationwide for emergency financial aid grants to be distributed to enrolled students who are “Title IV Eligible” and have expenses related to the COVID–19 pandemic. PBSC decided to immediately distribute their $9,466,718 CARES Emergency Grant by providing a one-time $500 grant to approximately 18,933 students on a “first come, first served” basis.
COVID-19 Financial Hardship
Are you experiencing a COVID-19 financial hardship? Click below for more information.
Nelnet Payment Plan
For more information on summer payment plan options please click below.
Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
FAFSA Application - Summer Term 2020
FAFSA Application - Fall 2020, Spring and Summer 2021 Terms
Financial Aid Scholarship Applications
Applications are being accepted for the following Scholarships:
2020-21 Foundation Scholarships
Deadline: June 30, 2020 12 AM
New Students: Admissions
You can complete your admissions application before, during or after completing your Financial Aid application.
Types of Financial Aid
|State of Florida||Federal Aid||Scholarships|
|Bright Futures||Federal PELL Grant||Institutional Scholarships|
|First Generation Matching Grant||Federal Direct Loans||Foundation Scholarships *|
|Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG)||Federal Parent PLUS Loan||SEEK Scholarships|
|Florida Work Experience Program (FWEP)||Federal SEOG||Palm Beach State Grant|
|Rosewood Family Scholarship||Federal Work-Study||Private Donor Scholarships**|
|Scholarships for Children & Spouse of Deceased/Disabled Veterans||Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grant||Transfer Scholarships|
|Jose Marti Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund||CCP Programs (Clock Hours College + Credit Certificate [CCC]|
* Foundation applications open once per year for over 150 different scholarships
**Donor dependent Scholarships OR FAFSA dependent scholarships
- Bookstore Credit
- Aid for Students with Disabilities
- Instructions for Private Donors
- Pell Grant Calculator
Criteria and Eligibility for Financial Aid
- Students must have a social security number. (If you have a special circumstance, please visit your nearest Financial Aid office.)
- Students must have a valid high school diploma or GED.
- Students must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen (Possess an Alien Residence card).
- Students must be registered with Selective Service, if you are a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25)
- Students must be admitted as a degree or certificate seeking student.
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress once enrolled.
- Cannot be in default on other student loans
CCP, CCC & ATC Programs
Learn which of the Post Secondary Adult Vocational [CCP] [Clock Hours] programs, College Credit Certificate [CCC] programs, and Advanced Technical Certifications [ATC] programs linked below are eligible for Federal and State Aid and which are ineligible for Federal and State Aid but MAY qualify for the Palm Beach State Grant.
Financial Aid Resources
FAFSA Workshops for Students
For assistance with filling out the FAFSA please schedule an appointment below.
- These free workshops are offered to help students understand and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) forms to apply for Financial Aid assistance.
- Workshops are free and open to the public!
Note: This Dependent or Independent worksheet will help you determine if you will need to provide parent information.
Financial Aid Application
Cost of Attending PBSC
Numbers are based on 2018/2019 Tuition Costs for Eligible Degree and Certificate Programs
Includes tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, personal expenses, and transportation. For an in-state* student enrolled full-time, the breakdown can be found at the Cost of Attending PBSC.
Steps to Completing Financial Aid At Palm Beach State College
Step 1 - Create FSA ID
FSA ID is required to start the FAFSA application process, create a username and password.
Step 2 - Attend fafsa workshop [optional]
Step 3 - Complete FAFSA Application Online
Before you can qualify for any State of Florida, Federal Aid or Scholarships, you must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Note: School code for Palm Beach State College is 001512.
Step 4 - Check your emails for FAFSA Application status
You will receive email updates regarding whether your application has been processed or whether you need additional paperwork.
Step 5 - Review Your financial aid application status
- Log into Pantherweb
- Click on Financial Aid
- Choose Application Status
- Review your red flags (if any)
- Submit documentation as requested
Step 6 - Apply for Federal Direct Loans [optional]
- Log into StudentLoans.gov using your FAFSA ID
- Complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Complete Entrance Counseling
- Note: Must be enrolled at least half-time (6 compliant credits)
- Complete PBSC Loan Request Form or PBSC PLUS Loan Request form
Step 7 - sign up for direct deposit
- Log into Pantherweb
- Click on “Direct Deposit Account” (My Details)
- Enter Account & Routing number
- Click on “Update”
Step 8 - Review Your Financial Aid Award
- Log into Pantherweb
- Click on Financial Aid
- Choose Awards
If you have missing financial aid documents that are needed to process your financial aid, please log in to your Pantherweb and view your financial aid awards status. If you have any red flags, then there may be documents you need to submit.
You will be able to submit your forms using a secure DocuSign process.