Important Dates & Information
Financial Aid is a time sensitive process that depends on a number of factors. To
ensure timely release of funds please make sure to follow the Financial Aid Dates
and make sure you are aware of the Need to Know dates below.
Financial Aid Dates
- FAFSA opens every year on Oct 1st.
- Priority deadline is June 15.
- Spring Drop for Non Payment is January 4, 2023 (Follow up is with Finance.)
- Last Day to "ADD/DROP" with full refund is Jan 18, 2023.
- Spring Drop for Non Attendance is January 21, 2023 (Follow up is with Finance.)
- "Withdraw" deadline no refund March 29, 2023.
Need To Know
- It is the student's responsibility to make sure they are checking their workday account and inbox, student email and phone messages for any pending actions.
- Pending "Financial Aid" action items will prevent disbursement of financial aid funds.
- Financial Aid fund amounts are dependent on whether or not you are Full time, 3 quarter time, half time or less than a half time student. Those are 12+ credits, 11-9 credits, 8-6 credits and 5-1 credits respectively.
- Withdrawing or dropping before courses are completed may result in owed funds to the department of education or school.
- Failure to meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) will prevent disbursement of financial aid funds.
- All Official Transcripts are required. Missing official transcripts will prevent disbursement of financial aid funds.
Important information about instructors verifying classroom participation and Impact on your Financial Aid Disbursement:
Palm Beach State College (PBSC) is required by the U.S. Department of Education to verify the attendance (including participation for online courses) of students in each class for which they are enrolled. Instructors are required to verify your classroom participation in Workday before financial aid can be disbursed to your tuition account. Additionally, you are expected to be enrolled and complete the entire semester. If you withdraw from all your classes or do not complete the entire semester, your aid may be subject to a Return of Federal funds calculation. For additional information on Return of Title IV funds; please review the Return to Title IV policy.
Priority Processing Information
A completed application consists of a valid FAFSA with any additional documents received and reviewed. If your financial aid file is completed in a timely manner, every attempt will be made to process your application in time to cover your tuition and fees; however, you should be prepared to pay your college expenses by the date printed on your class schedule. To receive any type of financial aid, including loans, you must be meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress.
If you are experiencing difficulty or have any questions, please visit your nearest Financial Aid Office. We are here to assist you with this process and we will be able to provide you the most accurate information.
We can also assist with the completion of your FAFSA Application. Please visit our FAFSA Workshop page for dates and times.
Reasonable Financial Aid Timeline
All completed applications will be processed; however, students should consider applying for financial aid early to avoid any delay.
To be considered for financial aid, submit or renew the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available starting on October 1st. Completing the FAFSA is one of many steps toward qualifying for financial aid. Students whose application has been selected for verification must work with the Office of Financial Aid to resolve any missing documents.
Financial aid is awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis, while funds are available. Therefore, students must consider any possible factor that may cause a delay. An application submission date is not the same as an application completion date. A completed application means the student first submits the FAFSA, then ensures that all the steps in the application process are done.
Students can expect a completed application to be packaged within two weeks during the non-peak registration period. During peak registration (July and August), the average wait time may be 3 to 4 weeks.
Please be advised that the amount of time it takes for financial aid to be packaged may vary. Students may apply for financial aid throughout the school year, and should not solely base their decision to apply on a priority processing date.