Palm Beach State College Student Trustee
Tenure: Fall 2019 to Spring 2020
Online applications are being accepted now, please explore the 3 Steps to applying below.
Application Deadline: June 17, 2019
Before completing the 3 steps to apply, review the duties, purpose and responsibilities of the position below.
AS THE STUDENT TRUSTEE YOU WILL...
- Increase your exposure
- Build your resume
- Receive partial tuition paid
- See legislators in action
- Meet with key county and state leaders
- Be eligible for the James L. Watt Service Award
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours during the academic year
- Be available to serve from Sept. 2019 to May 2020
- To provide a direct communication link from the student body to the District Board of Trustee on various issues affecting student life and to provide an enhanced leadership opportunity for a member of the student body.
- The student trustee is an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board selected by the Student Trustee Selection Committee through an interview process.
- The student trustee serves a one-year term and may attend all meetings of the Board,
except those exempt pursuant to Florida “Sunshine Law”.
- Represent the student body on the Palm Beach State College (PBSC) District Board of Trustee (DBOT).
- Participate in identifying an outstanding PBSC student for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership award.
- Interface with key Palm Beach County and State leaders.
- Serve on the Student Activities Service Fee Committee, the Marketing Advisory Committee
and the Enrollment Management Steering Committee.
- Represent the student body on various college wide committees (schedule permitting).
3 Steps to applying to become the Student Trustee for 2019-20
Step 1: Complete an online application
Step 2: Submit 2 letters of Recommendation
These letters of recommendation should come from a professor or someone you've interacted with in a professional setting.
Print 2 copies and submit them to any of the individuals listed below
Step 3: Submit a 500 or more word essay
In your own words, tell us why you would like to become the new Student Trustee.
Print 2 copies and submit them with your letters of recommendation to any one of the persons listed below.
|Campus||Name||Location | Room||Phone|
|Belle Glade||Andrew Barrett||CRB 130||561-993-1169|
|Boca Raton||Kathi Schaeffer||AD 126||561-862-4327|
|Lake Worth||Alexis Forbes||BK 104||561-868-3310|
|Loxahatchee Groves||Christina Seado Vasquez||LGA 106||561-790-9009|
|Palm Beach Gardens||Angela Allen||BR 141||561- 207-5355|
2018-2019 Student Trustee
2017-2018 Student Trustee
2016-2017 Student Trustee
2014-2015 Student Trustee