Palm Beach State College Student Trustee
Congratulations to our 2021-2022 Student Trustee
As the Student Trustee you will...
- Increase your exposure
- Build your resume
- Receive partial tuition paid
- See legislators in action
- Meet with key county and state leaders
- Be eligible for the James L. Watt Service Award
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credit hours during the academic year
- Be available to serve from Sept. 2021 to May 2022
- To provide a direct communication link from the student body to the District Board of Trustee on various issues affecting student life and to provide an enhanced leadership opportunity for a member of the student body.
- The student trustee is an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board selected by the Student Trustee Selection Committee through an interview process.
- The student trustee serves a one-year term and may attend all meetings of the Board, except those exempt pursuant to Florida “Sunshine Law”.
- Represent the student body on the Palm Beach State College (PBSC) District Board of Trustee (DBOT).
- Participate in identifying an outstanding PBSC student for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Leadership award.
- Interface with key Palm Beach County and State leaders.
- Serve on the Student Activities Service Fee Committee, the Marketing Advisory Committee
and the Enrollment Management Steering Committee.
- Represent the student body on various college wide committees (schedule permitting).
Past Student Trustees
2020 - 2021
2019 - 2020
2018 - 2019
2017 - 2018
2016 - 2017
2014 - 2015