Skip to the main content

Registration for summer & fall classes is open! Attend class in person, virtually or both | Get started now

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q. What is Title IX?

A. It is a federal regulation that prohibits gender discrimination against students and staff of educational institutions. Title IX is a part of the Education Amendments enacted in 1972.

Q. Do I have to file a police report?

A. No, you do not have to file a report with local law enforcement.  You can receive services and support from the College or Palm Beach County Victim Services without filing a police report.

If you decide to file a police report you will need to notify the municipality where the incident occurred.

Q. Do I have to file a report with the College?

A. You will need to notify the College to obtain support services and referrals to resources.  

Q. How do I file a report?

A. You may submit your report online:


You can contact one of the College’s Title IX Coordinators or Campus Security 

Q. What if I don’t know who did this?

A. You can file a report without knowing the name of the other party.

Q. Will my report be confidential?

A. Only those at the College that need to know will have access to the report. If a formal complaint is filed the other party would be notified at that time. A truly confidential report may be made to the College-wide Counseling Center

Q. What happens if he/she retaliates against me for reporting?

A. Palm Beach State College policy states that “Retaliation against individuals who have filed a charge or participated in an investigation or opposed any unlawful practice is prohibited and will subject the person who retaliates to disciplinary action…”

Q. Who will I have to talk to?

A. You will have to speak to the Title IX Coordinator. If you decide to file a formal complaint you will need to speak to an investigator.

Q. What happens if I submit a formal complaint?

A. The other party will be notified that a complaint has been filed.
An investigation will be conducted by a trained investigator, this will include interview all involved parties and witnesses, gathering documentation related to the complaint from both parties and compiling a summary report..

A hearing will be scheduled to review the investigation report and make a determination. 

Q. What if I am not satisfied with the outcome of the hearing?

A. Either party has the right to appeal the outcome of a hearing. 



Print page