Student Support Services Veteran (SSSV)
Student Support Services Veterans (SSSV)
We are a program funded by the U.S. Department of Education and part of a network of over 2,600 TRiO programs serving nearly 866,000 students throughout the country. The mission of SSSV TRiO at Palm Beach State College is to:
- Provide intensive services to include academic advising, financial aid assistance, career guidance, and tutoring/mentoring to a targeted group of students enrolled at Palm Beach State College, thereby
- Effectively creating opportunities for optimizing student retention, graduation and transfer assistance to four-year colleges/universities, and
- Promoting an environment for leadership enrichment for positive community involvement and social change.
Palm Beach State College maintains a Student Support Services Veterans TRiO grant from the U.S. Department of Education to provide extensive academic and personal support services to 120 eligible students. The purpose is to increase the college's retention and graduation of students at Palm Beach State College, and to facilitate the successful transition from Associate's to Bachelor's Degrees.
We serve all five campuses Belle Glade, Boca Raton, Lake Worth Loxahatchee Groves and Palm Beach Gardens.
Staff Contact & Location
|Christopher Shanks||Program Director||561-868-3052|
|David Fleisch||Veterans Advisor||561-868-3784|
|Joanette Rodriguez||Veterans Advisor||561-868-4285|
- Academic Advising - An advisor will help you make choices and decisions about courses and develop an academic plan to accomplish your degree goals. Your advisor will also help in career planning and personal concerns, along with assisting you in developing strategies in studying and managing your time through workshops.
- Financial Aid Assistance - SSSV TRiO staff is available to assist in filling out financial aid forms required for federal and state assistance. Visit the webpage for more information about the Financial Aid Department including a list of scholarships.
- Transfer Assistance - An advisor can help you with the entire transfer process, from arranging a college tour to the 4-year institution you are interested in, to assisting in filling out the college's application and financial aid paperwork. Any assistance you may need in this process can be addressed by your advisor.
- Tutoring -Individual tutoring is available free of charge. Regular tutoring appointments can be made for Student Support Services Veterans TRiO participants in any subject area.
- Cultural Events & Activities - SSSV TRiO sponsors trips to local art galleries, museums and organize various events on campus.
Are you eligible?
If any of these statements below apply to you, then you may be eligible for support from SSSV TRiO
- I am a United State Armed Forces' Veteran
- Neither of my parents have a 4-year college degree from the United States.
- I will apply for/am receiving financial aid.
- I plan to transfer to a 4-year school.
- I will take a remedial reading/writing and/or math course.
- I have a disability (and have registered with The Center for Student Accessibility).
- I am currently enrolled at Palm Beach State College.
Apply Now to SSSV/TRiO
How to Find/Edit your SSSV application
- Find your submitted application
- Resume working on a saved application
- Upload missing documents
- Communicate with your reviewers
Step 1: Login to Engage (PBSC username & password) https://palmbeachstate.campuslabs.com/engage/
Step 2: Go to your account
Step 3: Click on Submissions
Step 4: Choose to view your application (this will show you the status of your application.
Step 5: If you need to complete your application or upload missing documents or communicate with your reviewers.