Forms & Frequently Asked Questions
|ACADEMIC ADVISING||PLACEMENT TESTING||PROGRAMS & DEGREES||INFORMATION SESSIONS||FEES & TUITION|
Covid-19 Updates: SCHOLARSHIP REQUEST FORM
This request is valid only for Spring 2020 courses that were withdrawn from on March 9, 2020 or later, for issues related to the COVID-19 outbreak.
If approved, you will receive a scholarship to cover the cost to retake the same courses in either Summer 2020, Fall 2020 OR Spring 2021.
The scholarship can be applied to one of the semesters only.
Please monitor your PBSC email for communications regarding this request.
- Type your STUDENT ID#.
- If you don't know your number, you can find it on the back of your PantherCard (ID) or use your Social Security *(optional).
- Type your Password.
- Click on LOGON.
- Review and verify your personal information.
- If your need to change your information, click on each title under My Details to update.
- On the same page > click on Add/Drop Classes.
- Select the term from the drop down list (e.g., Fall Term 2017).
- Click on SELECT TERM
- Use the search class schedule section to select/add classes to your schedule.
- If you know the reference number for a course, enter in "Ref Number" field(s) and press "Add to Cart" button.
- When you are ready to update your schedule, click the "Click here" button to process your request.
- To complete your registration, you must click on the View/Print Schedule and Fees button.
- Click on the PRINT button on the bottom of the screen to print your schedule.
- Save this printout. You will need this schedule to find your classes.
- Please note your payment due date.
- The payment of fees is required on or before the due date.
- Click on LOG OFF to end registration.
ARE YOU READY?
Name or Address Change Request, Appeal for Course Evaluations, Appeal of Florida Residency Classification, Audit Request, Ethnic-Heritage Change, Home Schooled Graduation Affidavit, Student Record Release (FERPA)...
- Florida Residency Declaration for Tuition Purposes
- Address or Name Change Request
- Affidavit/Document Evidencing Family Ties in Florida
- Appeal for Course Re-Evaluation
- Appeal of Florida Residency Classification
- Appeal of 3rd Attempt Full Cost of Instruction Tuition
- Appeal for 4th and Final Attempt
- Audit Request
- Certification of Homeless Status
- Exemption for Students Displaced Due to Natural Disaster
- Ethnic-Heritage Change Form
- Guidelines for Reinstatement
- Request for Florida Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Home Education Graduation Affidavit
- Late Withdrawal/Refund Request
- Request to Enroll at Another College (Transient Student)
- Student Records Release (FERPA)
- Covid-19 Scholarship Request Form
High School Out of State Tuition Waiver
Palm Beach State College shall waive allowable out of state tuition for those degree-seeking students meeting the following criteria:
- Attended a Florida High School (private or public) for 3 consecutive years before graduating from a Florida High School (paper transcript required).
- Submitted an admission application to a Florida College System Higher Education Institution within 24 months of high school graduation.
- Student does NOT have 3rd attempt courses waived.
- Student has NOT received more than 110% of their program courses waived.
Eligible students will need to submit the High School Verification (Out of State) Waiver Form for each term the waiver is sought.
Veteran/Dependent Out of State Tuition Waiver Program
Palm Beach State College shall waive allowable fees for each recipient who is eligible for a Veteran or Veteran Dependent where:
- Student is enrolled full-time or part-time in a program that provides a degree or certificate.
- Student does NOT have 3rd attempt courses waived.
- Student has submitted appropriate documentation to the Registrar's Office.
- Form DD-214.
- They have been honorably discharged.
- They physically reside in Florida.
- Student is entitled and is electing to use educational assistance provided by authorized VA benefits (Veteran or Veteran Dependent)
Eligible students will need to submit the Veteran/Dependent Out of State Tuition Waiver Program Form for each term the waiver is sought.
NOTE: Approved waivers are based on your schedule at the time the waiver is submitted. Courses not listed on your form will revert to the out of state rate. Please be sure your schedule is finalized prior to submission of your waiver!
Enrolled at another Florida public institution and would like to take classes at Palm Beach State College (PBSC) (Incoming Transient)? Enrolled at (PBSC) and would like to take a class at another Florida Public Institution (Outgoing Transient?
Students currently attending another college or university who wish to take one or more courses at Palm Beach State College and transfer their credit back to their "home" institution may be admitted as "transient" students.
Transient students should be advised by their home institution regarding which courses to take at Palm Beach State and determine if the student has satisfied the necessary course prerequisites.
Transient Students currently attending a Florida public institution
(see list below)
- Complete and submit an electronic transient form through FloridaShines (FloridaShines.org).
The transient form will also serve as the application for admission to Palm Beach
State (do not submit an application for admission).
Go to the FloridaShines web page for the Transient Student Admission Application.
- Broward College
- Chipola College
- College of Central Florida
- Daytona State College
- Eastern Florida State College
- Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University
- Florida Atlantic University
- Florida Gateway College
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida International University
- Florida Keys Community College
- Florida Southwestern State College
- Florida State College at Jacksonville
- Florida State University
- Gulf Coast State College
- Hillsborough Community College
- Indian River State College
- Lake-Sumter State College
- Miami Dade College
- New College of Florida
- North Florida Community College
- Northwest Florida State College
- Pasco-Hernando Community College
- Pensacola State College
- Polk State College
- Saint Johns River State College
- Saint Petersburg College
- Santa Fe College
- Seminole State College of Florida
- South Florida State College
- State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
- Tallahassee Community College
- University of Central Florida
- University of Florida
- University of North Florida
- University of South Florida
- University of West Florida
- Valencia College
Transient Students who do not attend a Florida public institution
- Submit a transient student form or an official Letter of Good Standing from their home institution. The form or letter must indicate: (1) the student is in good academic standing and (2) the course(s) in which the student is eligible to enroll at Palm Beach State.
- Complete the PBSC Online Admissions Application
A student is classified as a transfer student if he/she has previously registered at any other regionally accredited college or university, regardless of the amount of time spent in attendance or credit earned.
Request Official Transcripts
- Submit high school and, if applicable, all college transcripts. Florida public high
school, college, and/or university transcripts should be sent electronically via the
Florida Automated System for Transferring Electronic Records (FASTER). Secure PDF
Transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The high school transcript may be waived for admissions purposes if a student has
earned an Associate, Bachelor, or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution.
For details on how transfer credits will be applied at PBSC, review the "Transfer
Student" section under Admissions in the College Catalog.
- Students with college credit from colleges outside the U.S. must have a course-by-course commercial evaluation from an accredited company at www.NACES.org/members.htm or www.aacrao.org.
For more information on how coursework, degrees and other evidence of learning may qualify students for awarding of credit, please view the Transfer Credit Manual.
A Limited Access program is one where both program admission and registration in program classes are restricted to a certain number of students meeting pre-determined criteria.
A Limited Access program is one where both program admission and registration in program classes are restricted to a certain number of students meeting pre-determined criteria. Limited access status is justified where student demand exceeds available resources (student/faculty ratios, instructional facilities, equipment, or specific accrediting requirements). Limited Access programs have separate admissions processes and selection criteria. Any student meeting minimum program application requirements is encouraged to apply; not all applicants will be accepted.
The following are Palm Beach State's Limited Access programs. The links below include
program and contact information, and application packets and deadlines.
A former Palm Beach State College student who wishes to enroll in classes after an absence of 12 months or more should complete the steps outlined below.
Complete Placement Testing (if applicable)
- Submit current ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, or PERT scores. PSAV students must take the TABE test.
- Non-native English speakers must pass the LOEP test in addition to the PERT or TABE tests.
- Visit the Test Center webpage for details.
- View Placement Testing information.
Read the "Catalog in Effect" Information
- Students will complete requirements for graduation under the catalog in effect at the time of re-entry. For more information, review the "Catalog in Effect" information from the College Catalog.