Skip to the main content

Registration for spring classes is happening now.  Learn how to get started!  

decorative image students looking at phone

Frequently Asked Questions



PBSC Students

High School Out of State Tuition Waiver

Palm Beach State College shall waive allowable out of state tuition for those degree-seeking students meeting the following criteria:

  • Attended a Florida High School (private or public) for 3 consecutive years before graduating from a Florida High School (paper transcript required).
  • Submitted an admission application to any Florida Higher Education Institution within 24 months of high school graduation.
  • Student does NOT have 3rd attempt courses waived.
  • Student has NOT received more than 110% of their program courses waived.

Eligible students will need to submit the High School Verification (Out of State) Waiver Form for each term the waiver is sought.


Veteran/Dependent Out of State Tuition Waiver Program

Palm Beach State College shall waive allowable fees for each recipient who is eligible for a Veteran or Veteran Dependent where:

  • Student is enrolled full-time or part-time in a program that provides a degree or certificate.
  • Student does NOT have 3rd attempt courses waived.
  • Student has submitted appropriate documentation to the Registrar's Office.
    • Form DD-214.
    • They have been honorably discharged.
    • They physically reside in Florida.
  • Student is entitled and is electing to use educational assistance provided by authorized VA benefits (Veteran or Veteran Dependent)

Eligible students will need to submit the Veteran/Dependent Out of State Tuition Waiver Program Form for each term the waiver is sought.


NOTE: Approved waivers are based on your schedule at the time the waiver is submitted.  Courses not listed on your form will revert to the out of state rate. Please be sure your schedule is finalized prior to submission of your waiver!

Students currently attending another college or university who wish to take one or more courses at Palm Beach State College and transfer their credit back to their "home" institution may be admitted as "transient" students.

Transient students should be advised by their home institution regarding which courses to take at Palm Beach State and determine if the student has satisfied the necessary course prerequisites.

Transient Students currently attending a Florida public institution

(see list below)

  • Complete and submit an electronic transient form through FloridaShines ( The transient form will also serve as the application for admission to Palm Beach State (do not submit an application for admission).
    Go to the FloridaShines web page for the Transient Student Admission Application.

  • Broward College 
  • Chipola College 
  • College of Central Florida 
  • Daytona State College 
  • Eastern Florida State College 
  • Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University 
  • Florida Atlantic University 
  • Florida Gateway College 
  • Florida Gulf Coast University 
  • Florida International University 
  • Florida Keys Community College 
  • Florida Southwestern State College 
  • Florida State College at Jacksonville
  • Florida State University 
  • Gulf Coast State College 
  • Hillsborough Community College 
  • Indian River State College 
  • Lake-Sumter State College 
  • Miami Dade College 
  • New College of Florida 
  • North Florida Community College 
  • Northwest Florida State College 
  • Pasco-Hernando Community College 
  • Pensacola State College 
  • Polk State College 
  • Saint Johns River State College
  • Saint Petersburg College 
  • Santa Fe College 
  • Seminole State College of Florida 
  • South Florida State College 
  • State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota 
  • Tallahassee Community College 
  • University of Central Florida 
  • University of Florida 
  • University of North Florida 
  • University of South Florida 
  • University of West Florida 
  • Valencia College


Transient Students who do not attend a Florida public institution

  • Submit a transient student form or an official Letter of Good Standing from their home institution. The form or letter must indicate: (1) the student is in good academic standing and (2) the course(s) in which the student is eligible to enroll at Palm Beach State.


Follow the 6 Easy STEPS to admissions

Request Official Transcripts

  • Submit high school and, if applicable, all college transcripts. Florida public high school, college, and/or university transcripts should be sent electronically via the Florida Automated System for Transferring Electronic Records (FASTER). Secure PDF Transcripts should be sent to

  • The high school transcript may be waived for admissions purposes if a student has earned an Associate, Bachelor, or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution.  For details on how transfer credits will be applied at PBSC, review the "Transfer Student" section under Admissions in the College Catalog.

  • Students with college credit from colleges outside the U.S. must have their original transcript with a course-by-course commercial evaluation from an accredited company at or

View additional transcript information.

For more information on how coursework, degrees and other evidence of learning may qualify students for awarding of credit, please view the Transfer Credit Manual.

A Limited Access program is one where both program admission and registration in program classes are restricted to a certain number of students meeting pre-determined criteria. Limited access status is justified where student demand exceeds available resources (student/faculty ratios, instructional facilities, equipment, or specific accrediting requirements). Limited Access programs have separate admissions processes and selection criteria. Any student meeting minimum program application requirements is encouraged to apply; not all applicants will be accepted.

The following are Palm Beach State's Limited Access programs:

Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)

Dental Assisting

Dental Hygiene

Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)

Fire Fighter

Massage Therapy

Medical Assisting

Nursing (RN)

Ophthalmic Medical Technology


Practical Nursing


Respiratory Care


Surgical Technology

Complete the 6 Easy STEPS to Admissions

Complete Placement Testing (if applicable):


Read the "Catalog in Effect" Information:

  • Students will complete requirements for graduation under the catalog in effect at the time of re-entry.  For more information, review the "Catalog in Effect" information from the College Catalog.



Don't see your question here?

Check out our Knowledge Base for many more common Q&A's on how to do and find things as a student in Workday.

Print page