Career Center Events
Save the Date: Virtual Job Fair
Thursday, October 15, 2020
1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Click the "Events Tab," click "Career Fair tab," click "Register" and view available group and 1:1 sessions with employers you’re interested in.
Space for employer sessions is limited, so be sure to sign up today!
About Virtual Career Fairs
Please RSVP in Handshake ahead of time so that you don’t miss out on information regarding the event.
If you need any help drafting your resume or creating one, please contact the Career Center to schedule an appointment or RSVP for a Resume on the Run event.
How to Be Successful at Virtual Events/Career Fairs
- Register ahead of time.
- Research the organizations/companies hosting the event.
- Come dressed in business attire.
- Practice your pitch/greeting either through video or chat.
- Do a test run of your technology and download appropriate programs - Check your camera, microphone, media players (Java, Flash)
- Make sure you are in a distraction-free environment. It should be a clean space, solid background, with no noise or potential movement. Turn your microphone or camera off if you are space with noise.
- Be extra aware of your body language or written communication. Remember to look directly into the camera when speaking to maintain “eye contact.” Do not slouch. Smile. Use proper grammar in the chat box, this is not a text message.
Students can sign up for all events via Handshake or by clicking the event below and registering.