Opportunities & Security Process for Martin County Placement
Palm Beach State College has signed an affiliation agreement with the Martin County School District to place students needing field observation in the Martin County public and charter schools.
Martin County Public Schools require Level 2 Security Clearance which includes fingerprinting and a FBI background check. The cost is $92.00 but can be paid in a combination of credit card and money order:
- The fingerprinting fee is $54.50. Students may pay by either credit card or money order. If using a money order, it must be purchased prior to the appointment and should be made out to Gemalto.
- A second money order for $6.00 must be made out to Martin County School District for a MCSD clearance letter. (No checks or credit cards accepted).
- For the required drug screening, payment is in the form of a third money order in
the amount of $32 made out to MCSD. (No checks or credit cards accepted).
Security Screening Procedures
- All individuals must register online prior to their appointment.
- Navigate to www.aps.gemalto.com/fl/index_FLDOE.htm and select "register online" (There is an underscore between index and FLDOE)
- For County select Martin County from the pull-down box
- For CRI Literal select: FL931391Z for FDLE Certification
- Please fill out the remaining information and submit.
- If you are unable to access the Internet, Gemalto (previously Cogent) may be able to assist you in registering over the phone by calling (888) 439-2486
- Print out and bring a copy of your receipt with your registration number to the appointment.
- Once students have pre-registered they would need to make an appointment with MCSD. They should call 772-219-1200, ext 30242 in order to speak to a Human Resources Specialist who would print them.
- Please bring an unofficial transcript or schedule to your appointment along with identification such as state issued drivers' license, Passport or State Issued (Florida) Identification Card.
- Martin County School District (MCSD) Clearance letter is processed in 24-48 hours. Students may pick up the letter at the MCSD office or bring a self-addressed stamped business envelop for it to be mailed to them.
- If the student does not pass security clearance, a letter to that effect is sent to the student. The student is welcome to call the Labor/Employment representative to find out about the appeal process at (772) 219-1200 ext 30242.
- Students cannot be placed in a MCSD classroom without this clearance letter.
The security screening is done at:
Martin County School District
500 S.E. Ocean Blvd., Stuart, FL 34994
I-95 from the North or South: Take Stuart/Indiantown exit (Highway 76). Take 76 East into Stuart. Cross US 1. Get in right lane. You will come to R/R tracks. As soon as you cross them, make an immediate right onto Ocean Blvd. Stay straight on Ocean until you see a large sign in the middle of the road "End School Zone". Make a right onto High School Avenue, they are located on the right in Building 20.
Turnpike: North or South: Exit 133 (Martin Downs Blvd.) When you come out of the tollgate you will already be on Martin Downs Blvd. Stay straight until you go over the Palm City Bridge. After the bridge make a left on Kanner Highway. Cross US 1, and get in right lane. You will come to R/R tracks. As soon as you cross them, make an immediate right onto Ocean Blvd. Stay straight on Ocean until you see a large sign in the middle of the road "End School Zone". Make a right onto High School Ave. Located in Building 20 on the right.
- Once student has secured a clearance letter from MCSD, on the Martin County Online Placement Request form they will indicate which Martin County School, level of education and subject area in which they would like to be placed (List of Martin County Schools). A copy of the clearance letter is attached to the online placement form.
- The request will be submitted to the Martin County School District Office of Human Resources and Development by Academic Services.
- Their office will distribute the student request to schools of interest to solicit a mentor teacher and notify Academic Services of availability.
- Academic Services will notify the student via their PBSC email along with the course instructor. The process will take approximately ten (10) days.
- Once a placement is confirmed, the student will contact the mentor teacher and arrange the field observation dates and times. During part of the first meeting with the mentor, the student will sign affiliation release forms that will be kept at the placement school (sample release forms that will be signed).
- As with all field observation, the student will complete a field observation log that the mentor teacher will sign off on and the student will turn in along with the rest of the field observation required assignments.
- Observation is complete when all assignments, required documents and logs are turned into the course instructor.