Staff & Program Development (S&PD)
Funding is available to all full-time, non-grant-funded faculty and staff for approved activities.
Please refer to the SPD Guidelines for the criteria and process to apply for S&PD funds for your activity. It is suggested that you submit proposals early. Approval is contingent on availability of funds. Travel outside of the continental United States will not be funded.
SPD Forms & Guidelines
Proposal Form A (Travel & Non-Travel Activities) - Word doc
Activity Report Form D (All Activities) - Word doc
SPD Guidelines - PDF
S&PD Proposal Steps:
1. Submit a signed Proposal Form A to your Associate Dean/Program Director for approval.
2. Associate Dean/Program Director will forward the signed and approved proposal to the campus Academic Dean for approval/processing to the VP of Academic Innovation & Strategy.
3. The Vice President of Academic Innovation & Strategy provides proposals to the S&PD Committee, which reviews and provides a recommendation to the VPAIS.
4. The traveler is notified of the committee decision by email from the VPAIS office.
5. The traveler submits a Spend Authorization in Workday. Note: Travel arrangements should not be made until the traveler receives approval.
From September through April, a committee reviews proposals online. From May through August, the VPAIS has the sole responsibility of reviewing and approving funding of proposals.
SPD Proposal Deadlines
The dates below are the submission dates for Staff & Program Development Proposals.
Please note: To allow sufficient time to process required paperwork, the date that your early registration is due should be at least 2 weeks after the date the committee returns its recommendation. Proposals submitted with less than a 2-week lead time may result in higher personal expenses not reimbursed by the College.
Notification of funding approval will be sent via email within 3 business days after the committee has made its recommendation.
Once approved for funding, the traveler must submit a "Spend Authorization" in Workday (replaces Travel Request form).
Proposal Due to VPAIS by noon:
- October 11, 2021
- November 8, 2021
- December 6, 2021
- January 18, 2022
- February 7, 2022
- March 14, 2022
- April 11, 2022
Recommendation due no later than:
- October 18, 2021
- November 15, 2021
- December 13, 2021
- January 25, 2022
- February 14, 2022
- March 21, 2022
- April 18, 2022
S&PD Committee Members
This committee reviews all requests for S&PD funds submitted to the VPAIS and makes recommendations for funding. The committee may consist of academic administrators, faculty and academic staff. All committee meetings are done by email.
2021-2022 S&PD Committee Members
- David Pena, Chair
- Jennifer Ailles
- Shalon Bull
- Cheryl Christiansen
- Corey Lietzke
- Olimpia Lukacs
- Kalisha Waldon